Friday, April 10, 2009

What You've All Been Waiting For


Ta-da! This is really the first thing I started. A necklace and earring set! Thanks to Peter and my dad I figured out how to take the pictures I need.
When I started this, I could not believe how nice it looked! I didn't know you could make stuff like this with just pliers, wire, beads, and a little time. I may be making more stuff, but I made a deal with myself that I will buy no more jewelry making stuff until at least the end of May. That way I can evaluate how much money to spend on this here hobby. But I have a spool of wire and a spool of beading thread and some beads so I can probably still indulge myself just fine. :)

2 comments:

Peter said...

Very impressive. You should talk to my sister sometime. She's amazing at jewelry.
Good job regulating yourself. There are many times when I get carried away in the whim of the moment. (and I do like spending money)
If you invest in crystal and silver (you might have already), you could start selling your stuff!
I don't know what beading thread looks like, but my sister uses fishing line, which is nice and cheap (especially if your family likes fishing). Just some advice.
Cheerio!

Fred & Leon said...

Lovely!!!! You should definitely post more cause I love your blog!!! <3 I'll see you tomorrow!! Can't wait!!

~Alysha