Thursday, April 02, 2009

I'm being creative!

"cre·a·tive
adj.
  1. Having the ability or power to create: Human beings are creative animals.
  2. Productive; creating.
  3. Characterized by originality and expressiveness; imaginative: creative writing.
n. One who displays productive originality: the creatives in the advertising department.
cre·a'tive·ly adv., cre'a·tiv'i·ty (-ĭ-tē), cre·a'tive·ness n."


I was at the library yesterday and I picked up a book on making cool stuff with wire, so I checked it out, picked something I wanted to make and bought the supplies to get started. Now, it will be a little while to finish that 'cause I need to buy a few more things, that I will probably have to get from a craft store instead of Wal-Mart, but I'm feeling pretty proud of myself, doing something creative for once. Also, using my nifty new tools, a barrette, and some beads I had lying around, I made something pretty without any help from anybody! Behold:

I know you can't see it very well, but I can't get a better image right now, so it will have to do. It's really pretty; just trust me

5 comments:

Peter said...

Impressive. I feel the same way whenever a book dork like me draws a relatively cool picture, do some photograhy, or sculpts some landscape (for a 3D Catan board, which is dorky in itself, but it's as close as you get). It's like, WOW, I haven't actually done anything with the right side of my brain for a few years.
Anyway, congratulations on the creativity.

Sarie said...

Hee-hee. Thanks for the encouragement, Peter! It is sooo hard for all of us nerds; we need all the help we can get!

Anonymous said...

Hey Sarah,

I love seeing your creative side! The hair barrette looks so beautiful. Dora is the perfect model for your handiwork.

I'm already lonesome for you and your precious family!

Miss you bunches.

~Lindsey

blackhat said...

cool beans, sweet daughter.

Dad

Sarie said...

Thank you, Lindsey! I'm missing you all bunches.