Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Morning Walk

On clouds, rain, sunshine, and resurrection.

Golden hues from wealthy clouds
Are lodged up in the sky.
Gentle rumbles threaten rain
As I go walking by.

The sun is shining up above
There's a smile on my face
I'm as happy as a lark
The world is filled with grace.

I look up, upon the clouds
A sweet celestial view
Then I chuckle at the use
Of childish pinks and blues

God Almighty, God the King
Does not scorn to show His light
In means to us seem foolishness
He makes display of might.

His love has caused this turn-about
This foolish death and life
Ultimately it is this joke
That is the end of strife.

2 comments:

natalie said...

I love clouds. :-) Good poem!

Takytulips said...

I like that poem a lot! I can't wait to read more of them. It reminded me of how much I've always loved poetry. However, I think you just became my favorite poet. Keep it up, Sarah dear. :D