Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Solemn Joy--I guess

This world is filled with cynics. I think I may have been one of them when I was about eleven. Hence, even today, my glasses aren't rose-colored. All the same I have difficulty being serious.
When others are being serious, I start joking. I can't help myself; I speak quickly what comes to mind, and then, of course, insist that it was well and truly nothing (my beliefs on what constitutes nothing may be told another time). And what do I say? I couldn't tell you. All I can say is : Oh, nothing really.

But what am I doing? I'm organizing my thoughts. Laughter holds my life together. Laughter is the deeply serious mission of my life. While others talk about grand visions what am I doing? Punning and finishing their sentences for them! I don't stand for straight faces.

Now, I couldn't tell you why I do this. I just do. It's quite the same as "Why is the grass green?" It just is. Red might as well have been the best color for chlorophyll and whatnot, but who wants red grass? I have been known to smile at the thought that grass is green and sunburns are red (speaking of which, I had quite the bright red face Sunday evening, but red is such a cheerful color). And what is the meaning of wood?

No comments: