Thursday, June 08, 2006

In much need of prayer

Please pray for me. Pray that my longings and desires would be in accord with God's will for my life. Pray that I would love what God has planned for me. Pray that God will give me patience; that I could trust Him now and not rush on ahead. One can love too much what one cannot have; it is so dangerous! God save us all!

I have been praying the Lord's Prayer every night before I go to sleep. This ensures that I can say something even if I am too tired to say much. Often I kinda choke up on "thy will be done." It's hard on me. I'm sure it's hard on everyone. Our pride does not allow us to think of God's will, and we will want what we cannot have and pride will lead us to covetousness, etc.

Pride is my mortal enemy. But I wasn't really posting about pride. We'll leave pride for another time. My problem now is loneliness and this feeling of loss which ought to be inexplicable considering I have lost nothing of value. But yet I feel that I have lost what I have never had and mean to gain what is not meant for me. I will not explain further. The longing may be excusable, the attitude and habits that go with it are not.

May might heart long after God's will and God's word. May my soul long only for Him. May I not look to the left or right. What can satisfy me but my creator?

Prayer would be so wonderful.

2 comments:

JFC said...

May you so delight in the LORD, that your desires become what He has promised, and that you will, thereby, receive the desires of your heart.

There is a great treasure in Christ, and we are told to taste and see that the Lord is good, and to open wide our mouths, and he will fill it.

May you see and taste these heavenly blessings, and be satisfied with the living water and full provision of our God, for not only did he not spare his own son, having delivered him up for us all, but he also, together with him, will give us ALL things.

May you find immense cause for rejoicing in this abounding mercy!

That is my prayer for you.

Han said...

Hey you... sometimes I feel a little awkward when my siblings talk like this... we're the people that are supposed to sit around after supper and see who does the best LeBeau impersonation--not have serious theological blog entries!

But, maybe we need to. So, lots of love, (HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!) and I'll pray for you even more.

You know you're not easy to have as a sister, (and neither am I) but that always makes it worth it.