Sunday, March 05, 2006

I wonder...

Will anyone ever read this? I might be glad if they don't, after all I am planning on being serious when I use this blog so...I wouldn't want anyone to see that side of me would I?

The ball (officially, the Winter Wonderland Ball) is just about all I can think of so...on dancing:

My dad is found of speaking of dancing as in, for instance, contra-dancing, as being a Trinitarian activity and so it is. In fact, it is a wonderful example of it. Trinitarianism mainly concerns the one and the many. Dancing is about both the individual (and the couple) and the group as a whole. The Trinity is fellowship as is dancing. To dance in such a way is to be more than an individual, it is to become a part of a whole.

Man created in the image of God was created for fellowship. God loves fellowship; the Father is in fellowship with the Son, the Son with the Spirit, etc. To dance is to fellowship and to fellowship is what we were created for. Now if I could only learn how to dance....

The modern man (as witnessed in the philosophy 'I think therefore I am') measure everything by the self. The only reliable source of knowledge is yourself, your very being is determined by your own ability to percieve it. It must be incredibly lonely to be 'Enlightened'. When you dance in a group what you are doing is recoginizing the 'I'-ness of the person across from you, or holding hands with you. Maybe dancing isn't so pointless after all.

1 comment:

JFC said...

I wonder... Will anyone ever read this?

And the answer?

Yes! I read it. And I appreciate seeing people think in Trinitarian Christian terms. We have become so "enlightened" in 20th (now 21st) century US, that we don't even know what God has done, nor who He is. I like the revolution ... no, not revolution ... reformation that is taking place where people are wrestling with what the Creeds of Christendom have to do with the life of the Church and the saints.

Keep thinking ... and posting.

The Polyphonic Poet